Going to Galaxy’s Edge and want to fit in with the locals? Going to Con or want to incorporate your phone with your Star Wars cosplay? Want a unique phone case designed by YOU?
See our other phone cases made for Samsung and iPhone: https://www.etsy.com/shop/hyperspaceprops?section_id=31449638
Vi Moradi (and other cast members) specifically mentioned how awesome it was to see us with data pads when we were talking with her at Batuu. These data pad kits are based off of the terminals that can be found throughout Batuu.
The main black back piece is 63 mm wide and 111 mm tall.
Pictured are just a few of the different way you can arrange your data pad.
1. You need a base phone case to glue these pieces to. We purchased inexpensive hard, black cases.
iPhone 12: https://amzn.to/3f4vMbc
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G: https://amzn.to/35zxqi3
2. BEFORE you remove the protective film on the pieces, use white acrylic paint (or spray paint) to paint the engraved portions of the large background piece. Let dry and remove the film from all pieces.
3. Figure out how you want the arrangement of pieces before you start sanding or gluing.
4. Sand the back of the case and pieces to allow more grip for the pieces to stick when you glue them on.
5. Glue the pieces to the case and background piece using SCIGRIP 16 Fast Set Cement (https://amzn.to/385SNXP) or super glue. For best results, let pieces sit overnight.
6. Weather edges of pieces and phone case with a silver sharpie.
7. End with a matte clear coat spray, unless you want it to stay glossy (example: https://amzn.to/32QCBIq).
8. You’re done! Tag us on Instagram @hyperspaceprops so we can see what you’ve made!
Let us know if you need more tips and we’d be happy to help!
Star Wars Datapad Phone Case Kit | Galaxy’s Edge Batuu Bounding | Nerd Geek Fan Unique Gift Memorabilia Collectable Data Pad
Jeff Stoney –
Quick shipping, and got exactly what I ordered. I will definitely purchase from again.
Review has no content.
Kathi Mornia –
Fast and save delivery to Germany and really nice pieces for my next phone cover. Thank you!
Adrienne Allen –
Review has no content.
Jon Acuna –
A great conversation starter for Star Wars fans! I was a little concerned taking it through TSA, but didn’t run into any issues. My only advice is to read the provided instructions in the description — I was in such a rush to get started I wound up peeling most of my paint off. Otherwise the pieces are great, sturdy, and made Galaxy’s Edge even better!
Antoine Smith –
Wonderful product as usual! I love this shop and all the products I've purchased have been top notch, this included! Thanks again Mike!
Fantasy Relics –
cool little kit, comes with lots of extra pieces to make customizing your data pad unique.